Apply For Chief Geologist >> AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient, and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Chief Geologist – Resource Evaluation.
READ ALSO: How to Apply For Any Ghana Security Services.
Role Summary and Context
The Chief Geologist – Resource Evaluation is accountable for providing reliable Mineral Resource models for business planning purposes by maintaining and improving systems of work that will ensure the integrity of base data, application of appropriate grade and tonnage estimation methods, and appropriate documentation of the entire process.
• Performs activities with minimal supervision.
• Operates in accordance with the company values, policies, standards, and procedures.
• Proficient in a wide range of Resource modeling and geostatistical methods. Exposure to exploration practices, ore deposit development techniques, and mine geology practices.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of international Resources and Reserve codes.
• Has exposure to risk assessment, contractor management, budgeting & project management.
• Provides appropriate supervision, coaching, and performance management for direct reports.
• Fosters a positive team environment.
READ ALSO: Underground Mining Alliance Job Recruitment.
• Applies experience in Resource modeling to identify improved methods of estimation to bring increased accuracy to Resource models.
• Reviews Resource models for upside opportunity and risk and either address these or informs appropriate disciplines.
• Assists in the development of Blue Sky models to identify future opportunity
• Reviews LOM plans relative to Resource models and determines risk/opportunity in the plan.
• Schedules work to meet planning requirements.
• Ensures that appropriate Resource standards are met, both internally and for reporting codes.
• Coordinates programs in collaboration with colleagues and other internal stakeholders to ensure optimal utilization of available resources.
• Seeks advice and resources from colleagues, supervisors, and regional or corporate specialists.
• Improves plans by re-evaluating and reconciling results against performance.
• Partakes in program implementation to achieve deadlines with minimal Resource risk.
• Demonstrates leadership in safety, stewardship of the environment & cultural heritage, and effective stakeholder engagement.
• Ensures appropriate controls are in place to manage identified risks.
• Ensures that appropriate Resource methods are used across the range of geological activities. This includes assay techniques, density determinations, and volumetric methods.
• Supervises direct reports, field personnel, and contractors
READ ALSO: AirtelTigo Ghana Job Vacancies 2023
• Supports Geology Manager to develop and implement the site strategic plan for the mine.
• Develops annual budgets and objectives for area of responsibility and monitors performance.
• Understands mining and metallurgical methods and aligns Resource models to those.
• Uses cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches.
• Demonstrates understanding of the role mine geology and exploration plays in the broader business
• Effectively identifies and manages relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
• Takes internal and external stakeholder expectations into account when making decisions.
• Seeks input from key stakeholders when making decisions and solving problems
ALSO READ: How Salary Range Works.
Data Interpretation & Reporting
• Ensures the collection, management, and interpretation of relevant data to a high standard.
• Supports Geology Manager in external or internal audit processes.
• Interprets complex data and makes objective assessments of Evaluation methods and Resource potential.
• Supports conclusions with accurate information and analysis.
• Prepares accurate high quality internal, external and statutory reports.
• Effectively presents results of Resource models to peers and supervisors
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. or MSc. in Geology
• Minimum 7 years of experience.
• Broad experience in geostatistical and Resource modeling methods.
• Supervisory experience.
SEE ALSO: How to Negotiate The Salary You Deserve.
Advanced Application of the following is required:
• Business Planning
• Operational Excellence
• Project Management
• Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Teamwork, Developing Others, and Communicating prolifically.
• Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross-functional working relationships.
• Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty.
• Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
• Maximizing Performance Results – Solving Problems and Analyzing Issues, Driving Results
How To Apply For The Job Position
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2023
Subscribe to our notifications to receive the latest job opportunities on your device as soon as we publish them. Don’t forget to share this job opportunity with others on social media and with your contacts.
GhanaRecruitments | Apply For Chief Geologist – Resource Evaluation at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited