Underground Mining Alliance Job Recruitment: The Underground Mining Alliance has made a job advertisement to recruit a Radio and Communication Technician.
Reporting to the Electrical Forman, the incumbent will be responsible for installation works, preventive, testings, breakdown repairs, and routine maintenance on a variety of communication systems and equipment.
These works include but are not limited to UHF & VHF Leaky Feeder System installation and maintenance on both analog and digital platforms in active mining environments, telemetry systems, PLC systems, two-way radio repeater infrastructure, optical fiber, and copper networks including installation, termination, and testing, microwave Systems, and bench level electronic repairs.
READ ALSO: Jobs Positions at Design and Technology Institute 2022.
How To Apply as a Radio & Communication Technician
Interested applicants should send their application details (Application Letter, CV, copies of certificates, and a duly completed community validation form) to: email@example.com
Deadline for Submission: 1st September 2022.
- Troubleshoots, installs, maintains, tests, repairs, and modifies mobile and fixed radio and wireless communications equipment to meet present needs.
- Reads technical journals and/or manuals, attends seminars and appropriate professional development workshops to learn about job-related equipment
- Installs, repairs and maintains microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point-to-point communications systems.
- Assists in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Checks frequencies and solves interference problems.
- Provides technical expertise in the consideration of equipment and system needs and concerns.
- Periodically checks the reliability of equipment.
- Attends training and reads publications to remain current in electronic technology.
- Reviews Motorola service bulletins as released and communications necessary information when required
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with co-workers and managers as well as aid and support co-workers in specific situations.
- Maintains logs and prepares reports and correspondence as required.
- Maintains the inventory of equipment and parts.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner and ensures accuracy of paperwork being completed
- Discuss equipment operation and problems with customer personnel to determine if repair is required
- Performs installation of infrastructure
- Perform radio programming
- Represents the Company or department at meetings as requested.
READ ALSO: Apply for Managing Director Job At Hearts of Oak.
Job Qualification, Skills, And Experience
- Degree or Diploma in wireless communication or telecommunications program or a related discipline from an accredited Technical University or College, or equivalent experience with MinCom Certification
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and be able to drive.
- Previous work experience in underground mining would be a definite asset;
- Accomplished written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must have strong observation and analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- A strong focus on safety and hazard identification
- Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused.
Remuneration package: Attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
READ ALSO: Apply for Supporters Liaison Officer Job At Hearts of Oak 2022.
Comments are closed for this post.