AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation.
The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Winder Instrumentation Technician.
Job Summary & Context
The Winder Instrumentation Technician reports to the Winder & Shaft CIC Supervisor and is responsible for all maintenance, installations, and repairs on winders, safe wind and safe recorders systems, conveyance radio units, carrying out weekly, monthly, annual, and statutory critical tasks, and ensuring planned maintenances are carried out in accordance with Ghanaian laws and AGA standards, safety, and environmental requirements.
Job Role Key Accountabilities:
• Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
• Adhere to the site’s Environmental Management Plan
• Gather information for the Winder Instrumentation Supervisor for reporting performance
• Conduct periodic audits of all winder instrumentation, communications, and control refurbishment, later maintenance
• Conduct reviews of the refurbishment, and later maintenance, of the winder CIC equipment to identify actions for continuous improvement
• Assist the Winder Instrumentation Supervisor to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for correct functioning equipment;
• Execute refurbishment, later maintenance, and work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This includes visual checks, infrared data collection, ultrasonic data collection, motor current, and flux data collection, simple NDT data collection, verification of output within calibration and specification;
• Analyze and trend predictive maintenance data (vibration, IR, etc.) to determine plant condition and report this condition for action;
• Monitor the general physical condition of winder CIC assets and report
• Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary;
• Execute repair work, where appropriate, on winder instrumentation, communication and control equipment
• Generate work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/maintenance, repair planning, and scheduling
• Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
• Gather information on vibration & other data collected in order to diagnose/troubleshoot rotating machinery problems.
• Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of winder CIC equipment as per requirements.
• Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost-reduction initiatives
• Propose cost savings projects
• Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment work contractors to the time plan, escalate real or potential delays
• Monitor equipment performance on the asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
• Report directly to the Winder Instrumentation Supervisor on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
• Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Electrical /Electronic Engineering Technician Part III or its equivalent
• Minimum of four (4) years of relevant working experience in underground mining. Experience in winder and shaft will be an advantage
• Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
• Fully literate and numerate
• Strong Instrumentation/ electronics maintenance competencies in extractive metallurgy and/or mining environment
ALSO READ: How to Negotiate The Salary You Deserve.
How To Apply For The Job Position
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2023
Subscribe to our notifications to receive the latest job opportunities on your device as soon as we publish them. Don’t forget to share this job opportunity with others on social media and with your contacts.
GhanaRecruitments | Apply For Winder Instrumentation Technician at Anglogold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited