To join the Ghana Police Service in Ghana, you will have to meet certain requirements and must have acquired the minimum qualification before you will be admitted to one of the Ghana Police Training Schools across the country for training.
Police Entry Requirements In Ghana
Below are the police entry requirements one needs to possess before applying for enlistment into the Ghana Police Training School. Applicants who will process their applications with false documents or information will be dealt with by the law.
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record.
- Hold SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with four (4) credits including English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics.
- The minimum age of applicants should be 18 and not more than 25 years.
- Physically fit by Police standards
- Applicants must be of a minimum height of 1.73 meters (5ft 8in) for Males and 1.63 meters (5ft 4in) for Females.
Note that if you are applying online, applicants are required to have digital copies of their passport pictures.
How to Apply Online
If you are interested to join the Ghana Police Service and meet all the entry requirements listed above, then find out if the Online Application Vouchers are out and what dates the online application portals will open.
Follow the guide below to apply for enlistment into the Ghana Police Service via the internet:
- Buy an application voucher from approved outlets and banks
- You will find the website/link to the online application portal on the voucher code you purchased from your bank. Alternatively, you can buy an application voucher via a shortcode using mobile money.
- Visit the application portal link via an internet browser
- Enter your application voucher PIN and serial number and proceed to fill out your application form online.
How to Apply Offline
If you are not technology inclined or do not have anyone to fill the forms for you online, do not buy the e-voucher, use the old method of the application instead. Follow the guideline below to apply for enlistment into the Ghana Police Service manually:
Interested candidates should pick up application forms from the various Regional and District EMS Offices scattered across the country, complete them and send them through the EMS system to the address below.
An application fee is to be paid at the EMS Offices. All applicants who were previously shortlisted are requested to re-apply, produce receipts of previous payments and pay the difference.
Ghana Police Service
P O Box GP 116
You can visit the Ghana Police Service website if you want to know more about the Ghana Police Service.
If you don’t understand anything and need clarification about anything in this article, kindly leave a comment below.
Share this informative article with friends, families, and loved ones.
Comments are closed for this post.